Unified Twilight Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unified Twilight Society

Welcome to a forum dedicated to the wonderful Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. Come discover our classes, our Twilight discussions and our craziness!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Man tries to pay overdue utility bill with spider drawing.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Twilight<3
Jasper House
Twilight<3

Man tries to pay overdue utility bill with spider drawing. Empty
PostSubject: Man tries to pay overdue utility bill with spider drawing.   Man tries to pay overdue utility bill with spider drawing. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Gave me quite a laugh!
Man tries to pay overdue utility bill with spider drawing. Spider_email_1118378c

For the full email correspondance, and the funniest bit, go here: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=665847

Quote :
David Thorne's alleged conversation with an account clerk in which she refused to accept the childish painting as payment but agreed to email it back to him has been forwarded around the world.

In their exchange the clerk shows good humour in dealing with the customer's ever more absurd attempts to get out of paying his bill.

His first response to her request for payment set the tone for what followed: "I do not have any money so am sending you this drawing I did of a spider instead. I value the drawing at $233.95 so trust that this settles the matter."

The employee, named as Jane Gilles, rejected the drawing but agreed to return it in an email attachment. But Mr Thorne was not satisfied. "Are you sure this drawing of a spider is the one I sent you?" he wrote. "This spider only has seven legs and I do not feel I would have made such an elementary mistake when I drew it."

But after withdrawing his allegation and conceding he may have sent a seven-legged spider, he added an extra leg to the picture and again offered it as payment. "I trust this will bring the matter to a conclusion."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3492411/Man-tries-to-pay-overdue-bill-with-spider-drawing.html
Back to top Go down

Man tries to pay overdue utility bill with spider drawing.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unified Twilight Society :: Random Topics Flying Around :: Random discussions-
Jump to: